After answering some questions on Slack for John Philpin and Matt Langford about bits of Hugo code I’m using and then watching the latter’s work customizing Marfa, I’ve made some design changes here as well. Next up: organizing my customizations more cleanly by methodically going through template and CSS files from the beginning. I started by pumping Marfa’s default CSS file through Code Beautifier to make it easier for my brain to find and understand things. I’ll be making a copy of Marfa and editing theme files directly rather than using the custom CSS workflow. For the moment, the new design is functioning smoothly enough that I’m not going to pressure myself into rushing through this re-organization effort, but it needs to be done, because my customzations are an unholy mess. I’m sort of hoping that some other stuff might find solutions in the meantime, so by the time I’m ready to deploy the re-organized theme customizations, answers to these outstanding bits of consternation can get folded in, too.

Conversation

Hello. My name is Bix. @bix